Evolution Of Combat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evolution of Combat II Beta

3 posters

Go down

Evolution of Combat II Beta Empty Evolution of Combat II Beta

Post  master serenity Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:32 pm

Hey Hey ,here we go again....

EOC NEWS
========

So now im gonna bring things right up to speed.

EoC 1 realy was just a beta,a codeing exercise,a learning experiance and a platform to build from.

EoC 1 is now closed and no longer being worked on.
So we started with 2 new code platforms to build on. 1 will be the release version and the 2nd is a plotting and building code.

So i started with a clean ojp basic and a clean ojp enhanced codes.
I have sucsessfully inputted all the clean bug free code from EoC1 into the ojp enhanced(building) code,
the result is something realy good ,its like full ojp with eoc sabersystem and all the other stuff.Its awsome.
But why realese ojp/eoc.
so now we are useing the ojpbasic as our master code for release and carefully inputting everything we want to keep from the ojp/eoc code. so far we have got the sabersystem in just how it should be.The enhanced version was good.but the code does all the work for you so we used ojpbasic sabersystem with eoc blocking,after that was in i added all my personal eoc code for the free movement/rolls/.etc and tested and balanced.
everything i learned making eoc1 sabersystem has been improved on . And trust me guys its awsome now.

Stoiss holds the Master code for this now (i gave it to him for safe keeping).

Stoiss is doing some secret stuff i wont talk about, but my stuff is already done so now i can mention it,

The OJPEnhanced/EoC Code im working on has everything ive done in it.
The idea is when i have finished this AWSOME code i will give it to stoiss and then he will take from this code anything he wants to add to his release version,he will fix any bugs and make any changes he wants to do
then he will input this in his code.

the sabersystem
The buy system
grapple
etc .etc all eoc 1 stuff

After that he will add all the secret stuff he is doing(im not allowed to say what)

And then we do beta testing (summertime).will need helpers again (mountaindew.etc)

then hopefully a release ??

thats the general idea.
The singleplayerside of eoc will recive only minor fixes as no code is available and its gone just about as far as jko and jka can go.

thats it for now

serenity

master serenity
Code Leader & Developer

Back to top Go down

Evolution of Combat II Beta Empty Re: Evolution of Combat II Beta

Post  xXPhoenixXx Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:40 pm

Awesome! Nice to hear some news Very Happy I can't wait to play the new version!

xXPhoenixXx

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoiss Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:11 am

well i could spoile a little Smile there will be a sort of new game mode for Coop Razz
wich will take hell alot of time to make finish but will be awesome ind the end Razz

Stoiss
Project Leader & Developer

https://evolutionofcombat.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xXPhoenixXx Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:03 pm

Oh, and a question: Will siege finally work again? It didn't work in EoC1.

xXPhoenixXx

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoiss Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:28 pm

xXPhoenixXx wrote:Oh, and a question: Will siege finally work again? It didn't work in EoC1.

i didnt know siege not was working in EOC 0.1 but was not our focus when we maked it. EOC was make to be a ffa game mod when we was makeing it to start with and will still be, but our focus will also go over to the CooP when we begin to put over codes to our final source that we will be working on. i will take a look in OJP basic and see what fix there is to put in for siege so it can be fixed in the end. but it will not be the big focus to the game Smile and sense you are the most active fan player in here atm. i would see you later for some beta test with me and serenity when it comes to that Smile we will need 5 in all for coop so it would be you me and serenity and maybe the small team we will get in depends on how things will go when it comes to it Smile

//Stoiss

Stoiss

Back to top Go down

Post  xXPhoenixXx Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:31 pm

It would be an honor for me to help in testing the mod Very Happy Maybe I can ask a friend, but it depends on how much time he's got, but I'm there if you need some testers xD
Yeah, I've tried to play siege on 3 maps, and everytime me or anyone else tried to join, we got an calss error.

xXPhoenixXx

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoiss Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:21 pm

okay well. i have search a little in to it. and in the old source we used for eoc was not build up with OJP fixed comments and there is a siege fix in the source. i will look in to it when im finish my school exsame next mounth and we can put it in.. no i don't need any friends of yours im not saying this to sounds rude mate but we need does who have play it for long time and comment fix issue in here on the forum. plus it would be me you 2 other dev and you if it comes to it Smile but the beta test will first be in the summer vacation where everyone have time for it and also the build will first be ready for it there to be tested Wink

Stoiss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down