Evolution Of Combat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The singleplayer side

3 posters

Go down

The singleplayer side Empty The singleplayer side

Post  master serenity Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:32 pm

Ok guys i decided to dedicate a thread to sp because when people ask me questions or make suggestions /ideas etc i need to know if you mean sp or mp.

It may not be apparent to some but sp and mp are 2 compleatly different systems and i deal with them very differently. so if you have any questions etc referance sp .heres where you come Smile

I will also post sp work reports here so you guy know whats going on.
As stoiss has already said "the mod isnt finished" and we have only just started.

Now we have taken the first step only and a lot more is to come.

Ideas im playing with
VADERS JEDI HUNTER addon.
1. playing outcast/academy on the dark side addon. but with a different story .working for the emporer as a JEDI HUNTER 25% finished i got a lot of outcast rescripting to do ,model changes. sounds ,voices,etc.name: Vaders Jedi Hunter.you play as vaders apprentice and your partner is the droid from tfu.?? size about 25_50mb

2.Adding a GALAXY MAP where you can go to any planet and play the levels how you want. 100%finished but not released in demo to save mb size.Size 10mb

Adding the Outcast Demo as a playable/selectable level but mixing it in with the outcast/academy story with scripting as a bonus level.

There will be an update to come in a few weeks with some if not all these features at about 25mb but it will also have the menu fixes in them

I will also be making a COMPLEATE mod as an installer but not for a few weeks when we have finished .

doing more objectives for the outcast part as this is easyer to alter than jka.

make an extra menu where you can play other mods (ie nina) through EoC sp using the serenity sabersystems

These are just some ideas im toying with.

master serenity
Code Leader & Developer

Back to top Go down

The singleplayer side Empty Re: The singleplayer side

Post  JamesCrow Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:22 pm

the galaxy map thing sounds amazing! Not 100% sure what it is but it still sounds amazing

JamesCrow

Back to top Go down

Post  master serenity Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:03 pm

The Galaxy map is just a menu you can go to in it you will dee a map of the galaxy with the planets like the battlefront game .
planet yavin
planet korriban
planet corucant
planet kejim
etc
you look at the map, pick a planet and start a mission .most planets have 2 or 3 missions.

Ill put a smaller demo version in the next update for singleplayer so you can try it for yourself

master serenity
Code Leader & Developer

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesCrow Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:07 pm

that sounds amazing Very Happy u and Stoiss are really reviving the JO/JA gaming experience! and the funny thing is I was actually thinking of reinstalling JO to play through the sp campaign...now I get to do that within JA Smile I even downloaded a kyle species mini mod so I can be kyle

JamesCrow

Back to top Go down

The singleplayer side Empty Singleplayer

Post  StarGaze Mon May 03, 2010 6:48 pm

Serenity I have a problem, but before I tell you there is something else I want to say. I have been watching you mods and TC's for awhile now, and liked all of them ROAJM, GID, EOC.....
Now onto the problem, I can't block. In singleplayer I set block to MOUSE2 and try all sorts of things but, it just doesn't work!!
Also(this is a different problem) Whenever I try to start a multiplayer map, It just crashes to the menu with an error.
I don't know if you can help me with this problem or if you know what is causing it but I thought I would post it here.
I think this EOC mod in going in the right way!!

StarGaze

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoiss Mon May 03, 2010 8:56 pm

set you user button to mouse button 2 and stand still when you use it and go left or right forward or backwards to use manuel block in the sp part.

Stoiss
Project Leader & Developer

https://evolutionofcombat.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  StarGaze Mon May 03, 2010 9:50 pm

That's what I thought!! But, I didn't work!! My character just doges!!!

StarGaze

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoiss Mon May 03, 2010 9:57 pm

i know why maybe.. he have change some stuff in the animations.. if you go in and dl animations addon for md2 i think it work. or else wiat to he get online in here and see the mgs Smile

Stoiss
Project Leader & Developer

https://evolutionofcombat.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  StarGaze Mon May 03, 2010 11:20 pm

Thank you, I will wait until Serenity937 comes and sees this topic's posts.

StarGaze

Back to top Go down

Post  master serenity Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:55 pm

If your pressing the +use button and a direction button in singleplayer .the player should move quick into a blocking position then return to normal(without source code for sp this is the only possible solution)
however if your player dodges / instead of blocks .i think somehow you have altered/removed/or replaced the _humanoid folder.
sometimes people add other mod files or change things without fully knowing the effect it can have on other aspects of a mod,my first suggestion would be to re-install again ,if you have a good working knowlage of jka files ensure any addons DO NOT GO INTO THE EOC folder,but into the base folder.
this way any extra stuff cannot interfire with eoc as a gamedata/eoc mod folder will always overwrite the base folder and errors from adding duff/shitty _humanoid folders will not effect eoc.
finally making a mod that worked for sp and mp requires a delecate balance and adding/removing extra files can cause errors .

master serenity
Code Leader & Developer

Back to top Go down

The singleplayer side Empty Serenity

Post  StarGaze Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:10 pm

Thank you Serenity937

StarGaze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down