Evolution Of Combat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My suggestions for the new EoC version

2 posters

Go down

My suggestions for the new EoC version Empty My suggestions for the new EoC version

Post  xXPhoenixXx Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:29 pm

Hi all!
First of all, the current EoC version is awesome, even though it's bugged. So I'll post my suggestions in this thread.

Siege:
I've tried to play a siege map in EoC, but then the game gave me an error that it couldn't find some team entries. Maybe fix this in the remade version, siege in EoC would be an epic win!

Blood:
Maybe add an option to disable blood completly. I really don't like gore in star wars, but dismemberment is okay. Just the blood is annoying me.

Fall damage:
Lower the fall damage-height for each force jump level. Means:
Force jump 0 - lose health because of jumping down 2+ (+ means 'or more', the higher the fall, the more the damage, just like in base) meters
Force jump 1 - lose health because of jumping down 5+ meters
Force jump 2 - lose health because of jumping down 8+ meters
Force jump 3 - lose health because of jumping down 12+ meters

NPCs:
It would be better if the new npcs wouldn't replace the old ones (like rebels or jawas, they were suddenly jedi/sith and I was like 'what?!') so I can still spawn the npcs I need atm.

That's it from me for now. I'll edit this post or send a reply if I've got new ideas.
xXPhoenixXx

xXPhoenixXx

Back to top Go down

My suggestions for the new EoC version Empty Re: My suggestions for the new EoC version

Post  Stoiss Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:59 am

xXPhoenixXx wrote:Hi all!
First of all, the current EoC version is awesome, even though it's bugged. So I'll post my suggestions in this thread.

Siege:
I've tried to play a siege map in EoC, but then the game gave me an error that it couldn't find some team entries. Maybe fix this in the remade version, siege in EoC would be an epic win!
i have not try siege as im not a lover for it.. but OJP basic should have that fixed for what i remember of.

Blood:
Maybe add an option to disable blood completly. I really don't like gore in star wars, but dismemberment is okay. Just the blood is annoying me.
will think about it. would need to talk with serenity about that one as he is the one who pack the files

Fall damage:
Lower the fall damage-height for each force jump level. Means:
Force jump 0 - lose health because of jumping down 2+ (+ means 'or more', the higher the fall, the more the damage, just like in base) meters
Force jump 1 - lose health because of jumping down 5+ meters
Force jump 2 - lose health because of jumping down 8+ meters
Force jump 3 - lose health because of jumping down 12+ meters
have you note that there is forcefall in this mod ? Razz
if you not set you force jump up in full you will take more damage, forcefall works byt holding space down. just to let you know Wink

NPCs:
It would be better if the new npcs wouldn't replace the old ones (like rebels or jawas, they were suddenly jedi/sith and I was like 'what?!') so I can still spawn the npcs I need atm.
no im not in that part of the npc system.. and the orginal code for the npc in jka and ojp basic don't realy have a such high AI and we can't realy not do anything about becours it is to hard a job to do.. the only way to make it looks better is by doing scripting and thats what we have done so far.. if there is any missing npc let us no so we can fix it in the list but it should be so big a problem in the new version i think..

That's it from me for now. I'll edit this post or send a reply if I've got new ideas.
xXPhoenixXx

Stoiss
Project Leader & Developer

https://evolutionofcombat.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

My suggestions for the new EoC version Empty Re: My suggestions for the new EoC version

Post  xXPhoenixXx Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:12 am

Hi,
thanks for your reply.

if you not set you force jump up in full you will take more damage, forcefall works byt holding space down. just to let you know Wink
Yeah, I have, but mercs don't have force fall and they lose health even if they jump down stairs or more than 80cm. If I do the melee combo on another player and he falls down stairs that are less than 1 meter deep he dies because of the fall damage ... that's just too high fall damage. Maybe I'll upload a video showing it to you. Not that I don't like it, but yeah ... it's a bit unrealistic to die from 2 meters.

no im not in that part of the npc system.. and the orginal code for the npc in jka and ojp basic don't realy have a such high AI and we can't realy not do anything about becours it is to hard a job to do.. the only way to make it looks better is by doing scripting and thats what we have done so far.. if there is any missing npc let us no so we can fix it in the list but it should be so big a problem in the new version i think..
In the EoC_ReleaseDemo.pk3 are all the npc files from basejka, but they're edited. A Reborn has two sabers, a rebel is a jedi, and a jawa is a reborn too now. That's what I am talking about Razz

xXPhoenixXx

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoiss Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:27 am

Yeah, I have, but mercs don't have force fall and they lose health even if they jump down stairs or more than 80cm. If I do the melee combo on another player and he falls down stairs that are less than 1 meter deep he dies because of the fall damage ... that's just too high fall damage. Maybe I'll upload a video showing it to you. Not that I don't like it, but yeah ... it's a bit unrealistic to die from 2 meters.

well idk if it is the same in the new eoc source but i will try it out and see.. merc is not our focus atm as we need to have a high balance for that part agens saberist so it will not be the first thig we will have done when it comes to that.

In the EoC_ReleaseDemo.pk3 are all the npc files from basejka, but they're edited. A Reborn has two sabers, a rebel is a jedi, and a jawa is a reborn too now. That's what I am talking about Razz

the npc use single sabers becours in eoc we have not work out duel and staff stance yet as they realy are a over kill same is it for does npc who use it. thats why they use what they do atm. as it not is me who is working on the npc scripting serenity would have a look on it later on i think.

Stoiss
Project Leader & Developer

https://evolutionofcombat.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down