Evolution Of Combat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EoC Server CVARs

2 posters

Go down

EoC Server CVARs Empty EoC Server CVARs

Post  xXPhoenixXx Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:09 pm

Hi all,
I don't know if this is the right forum for this, if it isn't im sorry. First of all I would like to say 'hello' to you all! Very Happy
And here comes my first question.
I wanted to start a server for me and my friends, but there wasn't a server.cfg in the .zip files so I can't configure anything. Is there someone that can tell me all the new cvars?
Oh and I want to disable the saber touch damage, because it's annoying if you block and just loose HP because your enemy is moving and not swinging.

xXPhoenixXx

xXPhoenixXx

Back to top Go down

EoC Server CVARs Empty Re: EoC Server CVARs

Post  Stoiss Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Hi xXPhoenixXx i can't realy give you any server.cfg of EoC becours wat it realy use in the old eoc was a ojp e server.cfg you would need to dl that mod to get it.
for the saber touch damage there was never make a cvar for that one beside the standart one there is in normal jka i think.. i don't have the old codes anymore becours we started all over and make the saber system only block what the saber is in a swing so you would haft to leave wiht it for what it is not or wait to the new beta gets out Smile wich first will be in 2011 Smile
hope it help you if not im sorry for that.. else if you got any other questions you are free to ask.

Stoiss
Project Leader & Developer

https://evolutionofcombat.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xXPhoenixXx Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:14 pm

First thanks for your reply!
Hm, well okay. Nice to see that you're still working on this mod! It is such fun to do saber fights just like in the movies.
So, will there be a touch damage cvar in the next version?

we started all over and make the saber system only block what the saber is in a swing so you would haft to leave wiht it for what it is not or wait to the new beta gets out

What does that mean? Sorry :S

xXPhoenixXx

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoiss Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:16 pm

xXPhoenixXx wrote:First thanks for your reply!
Hm, well okay. Nice to see that you're still working on this mod! It is such fun to do saber fights just like in the movies.
So, will there be a touch damage cvar in the next version?

we started all over and make the saber system only block what the saber is in a swing so you would haft to leave wiht it for what it is not or wait to the new beta gets out

What does that mean? Sorry :S

there will be no cvar's for that
it means when the saber not are in a attack it wont do damage to the player at all.
if saber is in a attack move it will activade the block trace it will still do clash/block effect on the saber when you just stand there and do nothing but it wont do damage for what i have seeing so far.. it is serenity who do the saber system and do it after that way i think it need to be when im testing it and he work it out.. ofc hes ideas is also in there wiht the system and we talk about what is good and what not is.. to do the best way to give a player a good fealing of how the saber system should looks like in any ways it can be..

we are working the saber system all over becours the old one was fucked out wiht the rest of the stuff we did to the engien.. and it was very buggede.. but it was a test version to show that we are trying to make somthing else and new as good as we can Smile

//Stoiss Out

Stoiss

Back to top Go down

Post  xXPhoenixXx Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:45 pm

Ah, okay, good to know Razz

Hm, my friend and myself are playing the mod everytime we play JKA, so I could make some suggestions / bug reports Razz
Should I post them in the 'Known Bugs'-thread?

xXPhoenixXx

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoiss Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:48 pm

well that would't do much atm as we are not using that version anymore.. we started all over with a new source code to have something there is working from the start.. but ideas is always something we will take under our wing and think it through Wink

Stoiss

Back to top Go down

Post  xXPhoenixXx Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:05 pm

So, EoC won't be OJP based anymore?
And another question, c_Adminpassword doesn't work for me. Everytime I try to log in with /adminlogin, it tells me I've entered an invalid password. Did you guys deactivate this function, or what do I do wrong?

xXPhoenixXx

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoiss Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:28 pm

xXPhoenixXx wrote:So, EoC won't be OJP based anymore?
No it wont be OJP E based anymore. the saber system do only use a very small part of it now wich is the only thing there make it block as it do

xXPhoenixXx wrote:And another question, c_Adminpassword doesn't work for me. Everytime I try to log in with /adminlogin, it tells me I've entered an invalid password. Did you guys deactivate this function, or what do I do wrong?
the admin system was somthing serenity add and i realy don't know why it is there in the first place.. but i think he tested out that system from clanmod source codes to see how it was working.

Stoiss

Back to top Go down

Post  xXPhoenixXx Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:52 pm

Well, okay, but will it have an adminsystem? Something like in JAPlus?

No it wont be OJP E based anymore. the saber system do only use a very small part of it now wich is the only thing there make it block as it do
Will there still be automatic blocking or just manual blocking like in MBII? Is it easier to kill a merc now and block their shots? Because it's really hard atm, you know Very Happy

xXPhoenixXx

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoiss Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:53 pm

we have take out most of the auto parry function.. and the only time to do parrys is for lover hits wich look nice and ofc shots from guns but that will be change also i time when we begun to work on the gun system.

Stoiss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum